THE BRIGHT SIDE

Decide to be happy today, to live with what is yours – your family, your business, your job, your luck. If you can’t have what you like, maybe you can like what you have.
Just for today, be kind, cheerful, agreeable, responsive, caring, and understanding. Be your best, dress your best, talk softly, and look for the bright side of things. Praise people for what they do and do not criticize them for what they cannot do. If someone does something stupid, forgive and forget. After all, it’s just for one day.
Who knows, it might turn out to be a nice day.

Friday, February 24, 2012

For Friday, February 24th, 2012

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
FEBRUARY 24th,  2012


Celebrate the happiness
that friends are always giving,
make every day a holiday,
and celebrate just living!

Amanda Bradley



It's FRIDAY!  

BASKING DAY

A day to get outside and bask the warmth of the sunshine!  Even if you're not up to getting dressed and going outside, find a sunny spot in your house and sit down with your face toward the sunshine, close your eyes and enjoy the warmth.

It's human nature to want to stay warm and cozy when it is blustery cold outside.

May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
Irish Blessing




NEWS FROM HOME

Basking in the sunshine is something I love to do.  Amazingly enough I've even had a few days this winter when it's been warm enough to get out on the patio and sit in my rocker and soak up some warm rays of sunshine.  I'm sure I could count those days on one hand, but they have happened and it was wonderful.

Some people are like a ray of sunshine in my life too and the other evening I was blessed by a phone call from my Sunshine Boy!  It's always wonderful to hear from him and his brother whom I call our little Ray of Sunshine.  Those two have brought a lot of sunshine into my days and continue to do so.  I just love their SMILES!

If I'm not mistaken the weather man says there be more snow for us later on today.  I'm  just going to sip on my JAMAICA ME CRAZY coffee and enjoy the view, brush off my shoulders and have a fabulous day because my life is absolutely amazing!

Take good care everyone!

Hope you all have some sunshine to bask in today!




PRAYER FOR OUR TROOPS

Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in
your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the
selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need. I ask this in the
name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
AND bless our Police Officers, Firefighters
and Paramedics and EMT's

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!




SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

There is a wonderful Peanuts cartoon where Linus comes to Lucy in a fit saying, You buried my blanket. You can't do that! I'll die without that blanket! I'll be like a fish out of water! I'll die! I'll die! Tell me where you buried it! Tell me!

 In the next section snoopy goes out in the yard and does some dog digging. Soon snoopy comes running to Linus with his blanket. Linus says, My blanket! Oh, snoopy! You found it!! You found it! You found it! You found it! You found it

 Then snoopy, dozing on his doghouse says, Every now and then I feel that my existence is justified.
Do we have such an attachment to our stuff, like Linus did with his blanket? 
Fast from judging others, Feast on Christ dwelling in them.
Fast from emphasis on differences; Feast on the unity of all life.
Fast from apparent darkness; Feast on the reality of LIGHT.
Fast from thoughts of illness; Feast on the healing power of God.
Fast from words that pollute; Feast on phrases that purify.
Fast from complaining; Feast on appreciation.
Fast from negatives; Feast on affirmatives.
Fast from unrelenting pressures; Feast on unceasing prayer.
Fast from hostility; Feast on non-resistance.
Fast from bitterness; Feast on forgiveness.
Fast from self-concern; Feast on compassion for others.
Fast from personal anxiety; Feast on eternal truth.
Fast from lethargy; Feast on enthusiasms.
Fast from suspicion; Feast on truth.
Fast from thoughts that weaken; Feast on promises that inspire.
Fast from shadows of sorrow; Feast on the SUNLIGHT of serenity.
Fast from idle gossip; Feast on purposeful silence.
Fast from problems that overwhelm; Feast on prayer that undergirds.




COUNTING THE DAYS

Today, give a stranger one of your SMILES.  
It might be the only SUNSHINE he sees all day

Quoted in P.S. I Love You


25 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

57 DAYS UNTIL CAMPING SEASON BEGINS


If you can't see the Bright Side, polish the dull side

 
A little smile, a word of cheer,
A bit of love from someone dear…

Love,
ma

2 comments:

Glenda said...

One of our grandsons brought cheer to us this week, too! And I have been able to bask in the sunshine and feel its warmth.

The reading on fast/feast is one of the best I've read and so appropriate for this Lent season. I need to heed the advice more intentionally.

Have a sunshiny day!

Marie Rayner said...

Love all of your thoughts for today Pam. They are always a "feast" for my soul. I love your "sunshine" also. I am grateful for all the "sunshine" in my own life. xxoo